Thank you for your interest in Porter Academy. Admission to Porter Academy is based on the individual profile stemming from assessments, school reports, a parent interview, and a student visit.
Procedures for Admission:
- Contact our Assistant Director of Admissions to schedule a tour.
You may call the school at 770-594-1313 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fill out an application and return it with a $100 non-refundable application fee. Please include with your completed application current psychological assessments and other pertinent assessments/evaluations that would assist us in the admissions process. If your child currently has an Individual Education Plan (IEP), please include this in the completed packet.
- Once we receive a completed application packet, an administrator will contact you to set up a school visit for your child. Visits are scheduled on Wednesdays, Thursdays, or Fridays. We will meet with the parent at the end of the visit to offer feedback and answer any questions you may have. An administrative committee will review all information and contact you within a week of the visit regarding your child’s admission to Porter Academy.
- An Enrollment Contract will be offered once your child has been accepted. We ask that the contract and deposit be returned within two weeks. Porter Academy has a rolling admission process and accepts applications throughout the year for the following academic year.
- Current school year transfers are accepted based on availability.
Non Discrimination Policy
Porter Academy admits qualified students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and athletic or other school administered programs
Senate Bill 10 (SB10)
The Georgia Special Needs Scholarship offers eligible students with disabilities the opportunity to attend an approved private school or another public school.
Porter Academy is approved and participates in the voucher program. For further information, please email Barbara Ramer.
For information on Georgia Special Needs Scholarship (SB-10) and applying for a voucher, go to Georgia Department of Education.
There are multiple sources for receiving need-based scholarships through Porter Academy. Please email Barbara Ramer for more information or to apply for a scholarship.
The following companies offer student loans for K-12 education.
Click on the desired form to download in PDF format.
Print the downloaded forms, complete, and return to Barbara Ramer or Pam Higginbotham.
Forms to complete upon enrollment
- Enrollment Application Form
- Student Information
- Authorization for Medications
- Medical Emergency Information
- Records Release
- Research Consent Form
- Photo Release Permission
- Birthday Book Club
- Georgia State Tax Credit Pre-approval form
- Annual Fund Brick Order Form
- Knowledge Tree Form
- Item Donation Tax Receipt
If you have difficulty opening the Application Form, you may need to download and install the Adobe Acrobat Reader. Go to the link below and follow the instructions on the Adobe web site to download the correct Reader for your system and install it.